Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Proof.

I asked my Father about this story. He told me no one knows if it is true or not. I kept asking him questions  but he refused to answer. He said, "It's best if we don't ever talk about it," but he said that in a more complex way in Lao. Let us get back to the business, I don't how many times I've said this before but there is really no proof of this happening. Since this happened centuries ago, I would only assume not much texts would be preserved.

I know for a fact the people of Bangkok, over the years, have made a shrine for Mae Nak. In the Wat Mahabut, is where the shrine lays. People give her such great offerings it isn't funny. I've read that political tensions have been rising in Thailand for years now it has said, "They argued that the Mae Nak legend was mere folklore and had nothing to do with the district's history."

Could it be true?


 
Courtesy of: http://www.tour-bangkok-legacies.com/wat-mahabut.html




Bouaphanh, Bo. Personal Interview. 31 October 2011.
"Mae Nak Spirit." Web. 02 Nov. 2011. <http://www.thaiworldview.com/bouddha/maenak.htm>.

"Wat Mahabut - the Legend of Mae Nak." Tour Bangkok Legacies for an Enriching Travel Experience. Web. 19 Oct. 2011. http://www.tour-bangkok-legacies.com/wat-mahabut.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment